Friday, January 23, 2009

Wow

So. First things first, I missed my flight back from our nation's capitol. This was a new experience for me, despite the fact that I have had many chances to miss flights before. Missed the plane by ten minutes.
The ticket agent, very much Whoopie Goldberg-ish, only looking less "celebrity" and more "not another late passenger trying to ruin my nap" eventually helped me find a new flight...the next day!
So having been delayed I thought I would show you all some of the photos I took during one of the greatest events of my life. I really did witness history in person!

Wow.

Annnd... (*wink* at Camille) no matter how you feel philosophically about our new President, this will be a defining moment in American history. This is the moment that life as we know it in these United States changed forever. For good? Would we really let an opportunity to create the nation we want slip through our fingers over pettiness, ideological differences or inaction? Those things seem pretty small compared to the monumental acts of altruism, compassion and strength Americans have brought forth throughout our very brief history.

I remain hopeful. On to the photos...

Barack Obama is EVERYwhere:














Can you imagine our new President doing the samba?


This one took me aback for some reason.

Part Two tomorrow

1 comment:

Makes Me Wanna Spit! said...

Wow those are spectacular photos of DC... The energy oozes in those photos...

Cheers!

philippe

p.s.
These photos make me want to kick myself in the toosh for wimping out of attending the inauguration!