Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I'm a Travellin' Man


I have been truly blessed to be able to go to many of the places I love. 2008 took me to several destinations that I will be showcasing over the next few weeks.

First off New York City. I think NYC is one of the greatest cities on earth. The energy, the people and that sense of immediacy you get just walking the city are intoxicating. I'm sure as a visitor to the city I have a very different take on how life really is. Daily living must be as challenging as in any other city, if not more so. But for me the experience is like no other. This is not a fish-out-of-water view either. I've been to many places and seen many things.

Mardi Gras in New Orleans, circa 2001 comes to mind! You know who you are...

But NYC is a city I could visit any time and know that I would meet the most fascinating people and have the most fun ever. Everything you could possibly want in one place. Amazing.

Anyway, you all know I can go on like this for days, but I'll spare you and just show a few of the hundreds of images I took there. Enjoy.

Times Square


Yes, I DID have to do some shopping. Just doing my part to stimulate the economy!


The street vendors had some really cool things for sale. If you like the product and you are able, support their efforts. Most were exceptionally nice to talk to.


You never know who you will run into in NYC. This is Harry Benson, one of my all time favorite and most inspiring photographers. You're probably familiar with his work even if you don't know his name. To see why I was smiling so much at having met him, visit http://www.harrybenson.com. The saying goes "if there is an event of great importance going on, Harry Benson has already been there to cover it."




"McDonald's...The Musical!"


One of these things just doesn't belong here...


These young guys just seemed so happy and carefree. Reminded me of days gone by...


These cakes and assorted desserts are a must. Visit. Buy. Eat!
www.makemycake2.com

And finally, my favorite drink in my favorite city: Lemonade!


More to come...
DBW

No comments: